iDannyCx

Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

14 posts in this topic

hey you armaholics, I really need your help, I get in the sever for about 5 minute, sometimes more sometimes less, and I have currently started getting this error code = Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, if anyone knows a solution on how to fix, please help, ive tried numerous videos, and forums.

I cant even find the error code on the official bohemia support site

thanks in adcance

Are you running any mods?  If so I would try running without mods to see if the problem persists. 

Have you tried the "malloc=system"? 

Used to have this problem but then stealthwalker fixed it for me ask him what he did cause ive got no clue

11 hours ago, Halvix said:

Are you running any mods?  If so I would try running without mods to see if the problem persists. 

Yeah I've tried it without any mods. It lasted a little longer and then kicked me in the balls.

9 hours ago, {DMM} Viking said:

Have you tried the "malloc=system"? 

I was looking on forums and they said about the Malloc thing but I was on the setting etc and couldn't see the option bar.

4 hours ago, {DMM}Shawn_000 said:

Used to have this problem but then stealthwalker fixed it for me ask him what he did cause ive got no clue

Okay buddy I'll message him when I see him on 

to add the malloc=system you right click on arma 3 inside steam where you can see all the games you have, the go to properties and then starting parameter and then you add this " -malloc=system"  without the " and thats it

11 minutes ago, {DMM} Viking said:

to add the malloc=system you right click on arma 3 inside steam where you can see all the games you have, the go to properties and then starting parameter and then you add this " -malloc=system"  without the " and thats it

okay I'm in properties and there is no starting parameter

right click on arma 3 inside steam .....its under the general tab .... ..set launch options.

9 minutes ago, {DMM}NATE666 said:

right click on arma 3 inside steam .....its under the general tab .... ..set launch options.

too late cunt ! Me and they guy who wears a kilt got it to work

1 minute ago, {DMM} Viking said:

too late cunt ! Me and they guy who wears a kilt got it to work

Well at least you didnt call me mate...im happy about that ..:D

Now go make some fukn wooden pinocchio's or something :P

well that didn't work, now doing a admin command prompt thing, then if not its got to go to a microsft shop

Have you tried joining other servers? Sometimes joining a different server will fix it. 

Another thing you can try is:

• 1. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local

(AppData may be hidden, if so you can find it by entering %APPDATA% in the address bar)

• 2. Rename the "Arma 3" directory to something else

(example, "Arma 3 - Copy" just to keep it as backup just in case)

• 3. Now open the launcher and try again. The "Arma 3" directory will be regenerated.

Also go into steam and Right Click on your Arma 3 link, go down to "properties".  then switch to the "local files" tab.  then click the "verify integrity of game files" button.  This will scan Arma on your hard drive to see if any of the files have gone missing or corrupt and will fix any problems it finds. 

just to let you guys know, I figured out that the problem is my headphones I am using Afterglow Wireless from the xbox 360, when I have the mic activated ( needs usb plugged in ) this is what caused Arma to have a memory leak, then crash and give this error

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, iDannyCx said:

just to let you guys know, I figured out that the problem is my headphones I am using Afterglow Wireless from the xbox 360, when I have the mic activated ( needs usb plugged in ) this is what caused Arma to have a memory leak, then crash and give this error

Didn't you say you needed a headset for pc? Why did you not get a pc headset?